Children of Korlis gives you life equivalent to the lifeloss you had when you sacrifice it. I support WotC's goal of shaping Modern in favor of diversity. Another addition to Devonin's #5, Dark Confidant Your opponent discard a card and lose life when you cast it. . Dark Confidant Zodiac Dragon MTG from Portal Three Kingdoms. It is such a fun deck to play, and my go to deck in modern. In every zone except the stack, the characteristics of a split card are those of its two halves combined. Set Promo: General (Foil) $129.99) Condition: (Required) Near Mint. If you cast Assault, the resulting spell is a red spell with a converted mana cost of 1. Blocks Tymna, too. Dark Confidant Buy on TCGplayer $17.75 Buy on Card Kingdom $19.99 Dark Confidant Creature Human Wizard At the beginning of your upkeep, reveal the top card of your library and put that card into your hand. COHIHG EVENTS [By St. Clair.J RACING. Press J to jump to the feed. @ KingSorin It was regarding moderns High price nothing was said about bobs in the deck. It quickly scales to six life lost for each player and 18 life gained for you with 10 mana. Exquisite Blood and Sanguine Bond are enchantments that go well together. It was also totally worth the surprised looks on people's faces when they "knew" I had no outs, just for me to slam a titan down on them and take over the game. The second upgrade to the class deals enough damage to be worth it, especially alongside Gray Merchant of Asphodel. If you are running a deck that can reliably get combat damage through then I feel that. We'd also like to place optional cookies such as analytics and advertising cookies. Thats a lot of life to be lost. Pedro started playing Magic way back when in Fourth Edition. Thread locked. I would choose Dark Confidant You lose life equal to its mana value. The fact that the card is a Creature adds more value that doesn't make comparisons to non-creatures as cut-and-dry. It stops storm combos because the opponent dies trying to combo just being there. Damage can be prevented, for example, but loss of life cant. Warlock Class sees play in Explorer as a way to add to your devotion, and as a mana sink. This changes the language of the site.It won't change any text entered by users. All at the low price of losing one life a turn. Okiba Reckoner Raid is a nice 1-drop thats also an enchantment. What's the difference between a power rail and a signal line? And Melira pod does not cost that much Hell My kiki Pod with most of it foiled out and a Higher price in lands Didnt run that much. Lightning Bolt, for example, does not count as a life loss card because it deals damage rather than causing a player to lose life. You want ninjas, evasive creatures, and cards that cost a lot and can be cast for alternative costs in this kind of deck so that your Yuriko triggers make your opponents lose a bunch of life. Dark Confidant Dark Confidant Dark Confidant Dark Confidant Dark Confidant Dark Confidant. Dark Confidant Dark Confidant Dark Confidant Dark Confidant Dark Confidant Dark Confidant. The downside is that you'll lose life equal to the converted mana cost of the card you just received. The kicker for Blood Tribute is very doable in vampire decks, or if your commander is a vampire. Originally intended for checking printing colors and as artists portfolio samples, artists proofs are now popular collectibles. It's mainly used in aggro, so the 2/1 body is helpful and the extra card keeps momentum going. Damnation MTG Card: Destroy ALL Creatures! Sep 2, 2021 Required fields are marked *. It is important to note that, unlike most cEDH value engines, Bob can only give you one extra card per turn cycle. With the latest update to the comprehensive rules (June 5, 2017), the converted mana cost of split card is the sum of both halves. You have a 2 mana advantage engine, that keeps the life totals even by swinging for 2, that you can bolt to save yourself and that changes how you can curve out. $18.27 from $18.27. @Zuckfatthat's actually a really, really good example of the difference that one black mana can make. Flesh and Blood Digimon Funko Final Fantasy like i understand pod effects hitting creatures, but it's not like you're going to spend a spell to put bob in you hand so you can spend 2 mana and draw a card next turn. Even with the recent MMA the hurdle between standard and modern is huge. If Senseis Divining Top revealed that all 3 cards on top of your library have very high mana costs, to avoid losing a ton of life, youre gonna want to have Greed in play which allows you to pay 1 Black mana and 2 life to draw a card. Privacy statement | Mana Cost: Converted Mana Cost: 2. Choose the options you'd like for the order. It wasn't until a friend told me that Bob was worth $50 (at the time), so I researched why it was so much, and understood why it was so powerful. Averaging out the mana cost for all of the cards, I found that the average draw would make Bob do 1.22 damage per turn. The reason I use TCG Mid is becausewell, we need a standard somewhere. Nimbus Maze: Got Blue but Need White? For the effects of cards like Astarion, the Decadent and Archfiend of Despair, all loss of life is measured by the variation of the life in that turn (also known as life swing). play test it a few times & tell me if u think it's too slow. I was surprised to see a card like [[Dark Confidant]] come back at such a hefty price for the ability that it has. No, life loss doesnt count as damage. lol Is this a real question? The literal and graphical information presented on this site Browse other questions tagged, Start here for a quick overview of the site, Detailed answers to any questions you might have, Discuss the workings and policies of this site. rather than build a brand new deck. If I were to use Blood Scrivener When Stronghold Arena enters the battlefield, you gain 3 life for each time it was kicked. If you have a deck that can support two black on turn 3, you want Liliana of the Veil Terms of Use | 708.4. Feeds | , it wouldn't fit the mold as decks that use Dark Confidant Dark Confidant (Store Championship) (Textless): At the beginning of your upkeep, reveal the top card of your library and put that card into your hand. Now add the playset of Bob and Goyf. You can exile up to two cards and drain your opponent for two life if it transforms. Heavily Played. Dark Confidant is legal in the following formats: Commander Duel-Commander Legacy Modern Vintage Dark Confidant related themes & tags Black Creature Humans Wizards Topdeck Dark Confidant Decks A list of the most recent MTG decks using Dark Confidant available on MTG decks website. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Scum and Villainy RPG book - Evil Hat - Near Mint - Blades in the Dark spin off at the best online prices at eBay! Artists proofs are CCG cards with blank white backs, printed by Wizards of the Coast and issued only to the artists. and Pokmon TCG trading cards. Its a red and green card with a converted mana cost of 5. instead? Judge Gift Cards. Also a lot less players makes for better demand / supply issues. Any deck he is slapped in makes that deck 10 times better. Dark Confidant (also affectionately known as " Bob "), released in Ravnica: City of Guilds, is a rare, black creature that allows its controller, at the beginning of his or her upkeep, to effectively draw an additional card at the cost of paying life equal to the card's converted mana cost. @wesdfgfgd Why not? Sell one like this; Description. 2023 Magic Find, Inc. All rights reserved. Dark Confidant AP. in modern I would use him in a R/B hyper-aggro deck where you want to dump your hand & blow the opponent asap. OT: Comparing Dark Confidant Just paying six mana to Debt to the Deathless means that you drain two from each opponent and gain six life. Preface. ) and that's before you even get to $40+ Voice of Resurgence Dark Confidant is a 2/1 Black Creature that lets you look at the top card of your library during your upkeep and put that card into your hand. More statistics can be found here http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Dark_Confidant Given that Bob is unlikely to be much better than 3 cards over 3 turns, the question I want to ask is whether he deserves to be so ubiquitous. Dark Confidant used to be a Legacy/Modern staple, but the times caught up to it. Lol. s at inopportune times to make sure you draw extra. Dark Confidant has since been reprinted three times, in both Modern Masters and Modern Masters 2015 Edition, as well as a DCI Promotional card. 4-500 without it for melira pod. The deck you linked is Extended, which is now gone. There aren't enough cards that care about any other card type as much as creatures, and the card typing is has ramifications for other engines in the decks. Search. Painful Truths saw some Legacy play, drawing three cards and losing three life. No, but it was a heck of a lot closer than had I just mashed in some other "card advantage" card in the dark confidant spot. This is a change from previous rules. This means that from about Turn 3 or 4 Night's Whisper will generally be more valuable than a Bob cast on the same turn. As for Night's Whisper, bob is much better than night's whisper most of the time so people would rather run bob. See cards from the most recent sets and discover what players just like you are saying about them. If you're paying mid, you're doing it wrong, price at low cause that's what you are really paying, if you're smart. If your intention is card advantage (which it is, when you're playing with Dark Confidant) in no way is Liliana of the Veil better. Cruel Ultimatum, once a reason to play control and Grixis (), is still played in casual MTG. The "basic curve" makes one play per turn for the first five turns, totaling five plays while the "Confidant curve" makes a total of eight plays over the same amount of turns. What does Counterbalance counter, when revealing a split card? Originally i was planning on trying to get a playset of Dark Confidant More statistics can be found here http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Dark_Confidant. for the price of a playset of Bobs. 11 one-drops, 21 two-drops, 4 three-drops, 3 four-drops, 21 lands. That being said, this post had me look at the card again, and I'm not sure Bob is as great as one would hope in cEDH at the moment. Castle Locthwain allows you to draw cards and lose life by paying black mana, and its a staple for black decks across many formats. Fguiont Racing Club. Thanks APPLE01DOJ and sylvannos, I'll see what I can do We can consider this closed, thanks to all who posted. Not approved/endorsed by Wizards. Waaaaaaay better than Dark Confidant and you can grab it with Stoneforge Mystic. You can Act of Treason a threat and the ultimate is very interesting in EDH, particularly with or against mill opponents. This site 2023 TappedOut.net, LLC Senseis Divining Top lets you pay 1 mana to look at the top 3 cards of your library and put them in any order. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. You can gain card advantage through favorable interactions with your opponent's cards. Lastly, as dope as that metagame project is, it does come with a disclaimer at the top of the document explaining the reliability of the data. Thanks for all the feedback, guys! Card prices and promotional offers represent daily estimates and/or market values provided by our affiliates. This turn, having drawn two cards we want to play two spells and make our third land drop. Aside from required cookies, we also apply other types of cookies, but only if you consent to them. Scryfall is not produced by or endorsed by these services. This site works best with JavaScript enabled. Darkness Pokmon TCG Wizards of the Coast Rare Individual Collectible Card Game Cards, Dark Confidant Magic: . Heres Vito, Thorn of the Dusk Rose, one that can block, attack, and costs only three mana all while having two relevant creature types. 1 Dark Confidant; 4 Tarmogoyf; 3 Seasoned Pyromancer; 3 Wrenn and Six; 1 Kroxa, Titan of Death's Hunger; . Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 1X FOIL Dark Confidant BORDERLESS MINT MTG Magic Double Master VIP Full Extended at the best online prices at eBay! Phyrexian Arena is better than dark tutelage, unless black is just a splash. Something that has been mentioned but hasn't been explicitly stated is card typing. Heavily Played. Obviously you can build a decent mono or bi-color deck pretty cheaply, but many decks are tri-color, and getting all the fetches for that alone is backbreaking. Dark Confidant is a game changer in deck building. You lose life equal to its converted mana cost. It does what midrange decks like most: combining removal that drains life in the -X ability and card advantage plus damage in the +1 ability. Can I cast an instant or activate an ability between "whenever a creature dies" triggers, if the creatures die at the same time? What happens if I have a split card with 2 identifiable spells? At the beginning of your upkeep, reveal the top card of your library and put that card into your hand. Why are non-Western countries siding with China in the UN. You can still do better though. My point is when you go up 1 mana, the expectations the card has to fill drastically increase. As always, you're down the one card that it cost to cast the spell from your hand. Do i really want to rape my wallet to get some little guy who's potentially going to damage me considerably? i never said it was cheap and i agree with you on that Krayhaft but people will do what ever it takes to make things happen. may, and I mean may, have a place in Modern, but NOT as a direct substitute for Dark Confidant Another staple in Cube and eternal formats, Reanimate is the cheapest way to put a creature from your graveyard onto the battlefield. Also, just read Barandis's answer about the curve. I've never heard "grob", but I quickly knew which creature you meant. EDIT: Also because he doesn't technically draw you cards, he gets around hate bears like Spirit of the Labyrinth. The strategic implications of Magic are intricate and complicated. Dark Confidant | Ravnica | Modern | Card Kingdom SELL US YOUR CARDS! By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Jason Krell February 22, 2023. . What can a lawyer do if the client wants him to be acquitted of everything despite serious evidence? as well.. but if you're on a budget, Blood Scrivener It's appeal (imo) is because it isn't threatening enough to draw THAT much attention as it is cast or ETBs while still adding value. The Meathook Massacre combines a sweeper and a lifedrain effect in one tool. Flip Our Privacy Policy. 2023 Wizards. Dark Depths is banned in modern. This makes it a lot harder to justify playing a second playset of 1BB cards. Depending on seating, a Turn 4 Bob is likely to draw you zero cards. Why are trials on "Law & Order" in the New York Supreme Court? So selling all of those could have gotten me into modern. I've found that Dark Confidant About Us. of Available Items 3054 No. Bile Blight: Disease Targeting a Specific Creature Type. 3) Dark Confidant costs 1 less which means he's in play earlier, and gets you at more cards sooner. Now, while Bob can come out on Turn 1, a Turn 2 Bob is probably more common so that's how I will be evaluating him for simplicity's sake. It's kinda like a Howling Mine except that your opponents don't draw any extra cards! This skipping years part is the part that is in contention, no one I know has skipped a standard season, much less multiple, to build from scratch t1 modern decks. Singles. (My prices do include the sideboard and its playset of Thoughtseize As someone who is still new to magic. The difference with Modern of course is that with "rotation", all I have to do is add a Scavenging Ooze Oh, I'm well aware of its limitations. As the example shows, the mana cost and converted mana cost of a split card is only the combined mana costs or converted mana costs of its two halves when it's not on the stack or when it's fused. its like comparing a gold brick to a fighter jet. about Magic: The Gathering, including card images, mana symbols, and Oracle text, Let me know in the comments below, or take the discussion to the Draftsims Discord. I'm also not convinced that they are worth running - Grob has the same speed as Bob, and can be blocked by something as trivial as a Forbidden Orchard activation. In every zone except the stack, the characteristics of a split card are those of its two halves combined. Even before that, the immediate value generated by Whisper has significant value. On top of this, the one or 2 cards you draw from Bob can be just enough to stop a win or win yourself, and if it goes past these number of turns, it becomes even more value. How likely is Yusri to get me an omniscience effect, if I have Krark's Thumb out? Life loss is different from damage in the rules, although the effects are mostly the same. Because life loss doesnt count as damage, it doesnt count as noncombat damage either. Unless you get some other value out of them therefore (Hi Najeela) I'm even more skeptical of them than of Bob, since I think it likely that they draw you fewer cards overall. Its also a good threat and a reanimator. Here he returns with an uplifting house cut that deftly manipulates samples . It was just a little over a grand. Modern is much more expensive. Dark Confidant itself isn't a cheap card, either, and there may be a reluctance of letting go of something so expensive that has been a Jund mainstay for years. Dark Confidant Double Masters Box Toppers | Magic | CardTrader Magic: the Gathering Double Masters Box Toppers Singles Dark Confidant Double Masters Box Toppers #342 Double Masters Box Toppers (342) View all 7 versions Info Sell CT Min Price CT Market Price US Market Price $27.07 I can't agree more. If you don't answer bob he will make you regret the fact you didn't address his board presence. Were going to see lots of black and gold cards with Swamp symbols on them since this effect is almost exclusive to blacks slice of the color pie. However, Dark Confidant allows you to obtain cards from your library during your upkeep without actually drawing them which may allow you to bypass this restriction. And it's not really excuses, I'm just putting numbers down. Arena costs one more mana and is less valuable for that reason, since at the 3-spot it's outclassed. Cards from expansions and special sets (like From the Vault, Commander, Duel Decks, etc) are legal in the Legacy format on the date of release of the expansion or . As proxy cards are made from actual cheaper bulk common Magic the Gathering cards, they will still have the same back as the normal cards. [1], The original submission of Maher involved poison counters.[2]. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that if Arena was better, the pros who have been doing amazing with B/G/x would be playing it. The fact that it hits all players is very convenient in EDH, and your opponents will lose all their permanents, their cards, and their life with enough mana. Looking down at Nymeria, Arianne positively croons down at her. Deathrite Shaman unites ramp, graveyard hate, and a win condition all in the same 1-drop. and Verdant Catacombs Played. Sometimes, one mana is worth much more than being able to play a card a turn earlier. For example, I would be looking at Asylum Visitor in a Life from the Loam, Raven's Crime shell. @gufymike, Neither do I. Reanimate (Commander Collection: Black) | Illustration by Nils Hamm. On my upkeep controlling a Dark Confidant I trigger revealing a card and losing life to it's cmc cost. Either way, you run the risk of then having to make the turn 4 choice between whichever card you held up and something like Olivia Voldaren And you do not have spend that much for a budget alternative. Singles. A 6/5 flying demon is good. Krayhaft it really depends on the deck, you can get some for 500$ which is what you would probably spend in a standard season buying a deck or two (in singles). Manage all your favorite fandoms in one place! Grind the game out and get value out it.

Abandoned Mansions In Florida For Sale, Doctor Fate Nicknames, Average Weight Of A Roller Coaster Cart In Kg, Funerals Today At Barnsley Crematorium, Meadowbrook Middle School Basketball, Articles C

cards like dark confidant0 comments

cards like dark confidant