how to respond to it was a pleasure meeting youoriki ige in yoruba

10 Ways To Say It Was Nice to Meet You 1. We could use this phrase as follows in our emails: I am delighted to make your acquaintance is a brilliant choice if you want to keep the formality high. My pleasure is an idiomatic response to Thank you. It is similar to Youre welcome, but more polite and more emphatic. How do you respond to it was a pleasure talking with you? E.g., you can use such phrases as It's great connecting with you., Pleased to meet you., Lovely to meet you., How do you do?, or Delighted to make your acquaintance (but this one is super formal!). I'll talk with you later. Do I need a thermal expansion tank if I already have a pressure tank? Im glad we could have this discussion. pleased to meet you phrase (en.oxforddictionaries.com) Said on being introduced to someone. (shake hands) We must doing it again soon! 1) I started playing the violin recently. But what if its not your case? I thoroughly enjoyed our conversation is a great choice for formal situations. I look forward to working closely with you in the future. The first one is extremely informal & actually doesn't make a great deal of sense if you analyse it, but it's a common form. See you around! Martin has been featured as an expert in communication and teaching on Forbes and Shopify. However, it is also not necessary that much, in fact. Thank you for the invitation. It was great to meet you! Do you say speaking with you or speaking to you? Site design / logo 2023 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA. It was nice to talk to you. My response might depend on exactly who I am talking with, but I can think of the following which I would say at least However, we sometimes feel like saying It was a pleasure speaking with you again and again could be a bit mechanical and dry. Now, lets dive into all twelve best replies. Plain and simple, It was good talking to you is something we could use with relatively distant connections, such as those we do not necessarily interact with all the time. you can also say which means "glad to meet you", and is usually used when the first time you meet someone. We might use this phrase in the following ways: It was a pleasure meeting you is a stronger phrase than nice meeting you, which is why it makes for a good response. You can decide on any other positive adjective that works (i.e. Them: It was a pleasure to meet you! Yes, its a very informal one. Euler: A baby on his lap, a cat on his back thats how he wrote his immortal works (origin?). It shows that you had a good time talking to them. Languages have always been my passion and I have studied Linguistics, Computational Linguistics and Sinology at the University of Zurich. Im glad that we got to spend some time working closely together over these last few days. I didnt know how bad it got. Some people have found a clever and witty way out and they reply with nice to e-meet you answer. It shows that youve met someone in the past (using past tense words like could). This expression is used as a goodbye message to a person or group of people after spending time with them. I hope we can arrange something like this again soon. How can we prove that the supernatural or paranormal doesn't exist? When we talk to each other, we have to follow some basic rules of politeness, otherwise, people would start talking about us as rude and ill-behaved individuals! Yeah, we are definitely on the same page about how nice it was! I look forward to working with you, and I. I am happy you decided to contact me again, and it was a pleasure meeting you, too. If the verb is in the present tense, it's not going to be used when the event is almost over or after it is finished. Thank you very much. Or Let's do it again sometime. (friendly/enthusiastic) The message itself also signals the idea that the conversation or interaction went well or at least as planned and expected. Saying or writing this message to someone we have interacted with implies professionalism, respect, and cautiousness. It was nice talking to you, Matt. You also learned a few alternative ways of replying to this greeting if the communication is more of a business matter than casual. It was a privilege to meet you here. "@type": "Question", It works by showing them that youre interested in working with them, even if you dont quite have anything ready for them at the minute. ), Polite: } B: It was great to be here, too, Val. Learn more about Stack Overflow the company, and our products. It means you now have to end the conversation, even if you do not wish to. In this case, check out a few alternatives to nice to meet you reply we have prepared for you below! Where does this (supposedly) Gibson quote come from? PLEASURE can be noun and verb. These examples will shed some light on how you can use this: Steering away from greetings slightly, I had a great time is another reply we could try. Watch the video: Only 1 percent of our visitors get these 3 grammar questions right 12 Best Replies To Nice Meeting You On Email (Business Context), 9 Ways to Say It Was a Pleasure Doing Business with You, 10 Best Ways to Say You Havent Met Someone, 12 Ways to Say Thank You for Your Hard Work to Your Team, 9 Other Ways to Say Im Good At on a Resume, 10 Polite Ways to Say No Visitors after Surgery, 11 Best Ways to Say Im Here for You to a Loved One, 10 Professional Ways to Say I Am Not Feeling Well. In a similar vein, we would also hear the relevant phrase It has been a pleasure working with you when one wants to express gratitude in work-related contexts. If you know they are busy, it might be worth saying something like this. Now you know how to reply to nice to meet you if the meeting is taking place in person, and what to say to this phrase in response if you received a greeting email. I really enjoyed our conversation on Zoom, and Im excited about the possibility of joining It was a real pleasure talking to you, sir. What sort of strategies would a medieval military use against a fantasy giant? Likewise Glad to meet It was nice meeting you too You too Pleasure And you The answer is: Helpful ( 9) Interesting ( 0) Funny ( 0) Confusing ( 0) This is why we recommend you check out a few ways how to respond to nice to meet you best of all. If so, how close was it? Same here. [I hope we can do it again some time {polite}. WebThe word "meet" can mean two different things - to get together with someone you already know, or to see and speak with someone for the first time. I am glad to meet you too. Is there anything specific youd like me to run you through before our next meeting? ', Sounds awkward to me - the 'thank you' starts off more formal, but then 'same here' isn't. Im so glad I met you! Last but not least, Nice catching up with you is something we would tend to limit using among the dearest or closest people around. You can set up a secondary meeting with when would you like to meet again? Its a great reply to nice meeting you because it sets up a new meeting time, which keeps the business email open-ended, and gives you a possibility for more business. It was nice to catch up with my old boss. We dont actually shake hands with that person, nor do we make eye contact. Moreover, the expression It was a pleasure to talk to you is an even more widely-used alternative for It was a pleasure talking to you., However, It was a pleasure talking to you is meanwhile more popular than our expression today which is It was a pleasure speaking with you.. The use of to is indeed in favor (compared to with). It was lovely to meet you. Informal: -Yes, catch you later! Its most common in formal or business contexts since youre more like to have a discussion that requires your attention. Thank you. You can appreciate them for spending some of their time meeting with you, especially if it benefited you. Like this, you will show that you do care for them, and besides, everyone loves to be recognized and to be some kind of famous! Do you want to meet again next weekend, maybe? In situations like the one below, it would be inappropriate to use highly. I know youre very busy, but Im glad we could talk through a few of these things. This establishes you're familiar with the other person's work and skills and fosters having a positive interaction. "@type": "Answer", Recovering from a blunder I made while emailing a professor, Follow Up: struct sockaddr storage initialization by network format-string. They allow you to learn more about what might be happening outside of your immediate circle. Nice isnt as powerful as delighted, but sometimes the context or tone will require a less powerful word, making nice a better fit. There are some better alternatives, though, and this article will explore them. Why does Mister Mxyzptlk need to have a weakness in the comics. Browse other questions tagged, Start here for a quick overview of the site, Detailed answers to any questions you might have, Discuss the workings and policies of this site. Furthermore, he has teaching experience from Aarhus University. “Was” is one of the simple past forms of “be.”" What should I reply to the pleasure is mine ? Nice meeting you too. (polite) I look forward to working closely with you in the future. Answer. It was lovely to see you here, Michael. It was a pleasure meeting you, too. Happy to help with any other projects in the future! Thank you for meeting me. It's important to say one of these phrases before leaving The pleasure was really mine/us or it was a pleasure too? ", The difference is that I had a lovely time with you sounds even more pleasant than It was lovely seeing you because of the deliberate use of the pronoun I., We can make use of I had a lovely time with you to sound way more likable and genuine than It was lovely seeing you.. Before you decide to skip the social nicety, consider the context of your email. This phrase works best when youve learned a lot from your conversation with someone. Im glad we could meet. It was a pleasure. Me: It was my pleasure! I'm actually quite surprised to discover that the Google Books finds no instances before these two from 1900. In a business letter/email, is it acceptable to skip the nice to meet you part? Especially in the business world, where everyone appreciates people who are getting down to business straight away. There's a whole range of possible answers, ranging from "Thank you" to "The pleasure was mine", with some neutral and perhaps even derogatory replies possible (try to avoid the derogatory ones :) ). We can use It was a pleasure talking to you after meeting or talking with another person. What should be the proper reply for thanks? Im glad to be welcomed onto the team. In informal contexts, I'd be likely to reply with which is a long-established "set phrase" for such situations. It was a privilege to meet is a very formal and respectable way to show that youve enjoyed your time with someone. But it does sound as if you are in a hurry to say good bye. Martin has been featured as an expert in communication and teaching on Forbes and Shopify. There's a whole range of possible answers, ranging from "Thank you" to "The pleasure was mine", with some neutral and perhaps even derogatory replies possible (try to avoid the derogatory ones :) ). It was nice to meet you yesterday. I should thank you for inviting me instead, Dan. 6 How to respond to a person saying pleasure ? Im glad you could share it with me. If we have had an initial interaction with a person over the phone or any other voice-communication platform, we should say It was a pleasure talking to you over the phone today.. B: Thank you for the invitation. English Language Learners Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for speakers of other languages learning English. -Hey, it was great to talk with you too! 2) I started to pla His surgery was successful. However, some of you probably wondered sometimes how you should reply to such a common greeting phrase as nice to meet you. I hope well be working closely in the future. It should be written as such, It is very nice to meet you, or It is a pleasure to meet you, that would be present tense. Disconnect between goals and daily tasksIs it me, or the industry? I appreciated your time. It was lovely to meet you. At school, asked by a teacher to share something with the class, It would be my pleasure to answer the question.. Hi! This means that it is also suitable in formalistic situations. WebThe first sentence is correct by saying, It was a pleasure meeting you. The second sentence is grammatically incorrect. Let me know if youd like to meet up to discuss anything like this again. At least, to me these two phrases sound almost the same in terms of their meaning. -Nice talking to you too. Once you reach an agreement, you could tell the people you negotiated with that it was a pleasure working with them by using the following phrases: "Thank you so 4 What can I say instead of it was a pleasure? It helped to ease my mind about the way things are going right now. is more appropriate, and the choice between talking to or talking with was questioned. rev2023.3.3.43278. Again, steering away from the outright replies, you might want to use something like this to set up a second meeting. It really helped me deepen my understanding of the value of effective procedures, particularly for our team. You always know what to say to help me understand things. It was a great honor to meet you! By clicking Accept all cookies, you agree Stack Exchange can store cookies on your device and disclose information in accordance with our Cookie Policy. I hope youll allow me "I'm always going to remember my time working here. Nice to What is the purpose of this D-shaped ring at the base of the tongue on my hiking boots? The phrase is a response to thank you and similar to youre welcome, but with a little more politeness. "text": "It is grammatically correct to say “It was a pleasure speaking with you yesterday” because the time expression “yesterday” precisely coincides with the verb tense in this sentence. When to use which of your example sentences is all up to what tense the verb is in. I started playing the guitar recently for my pastime. Welcome to Grammarhow!We are on a mission to help you become better at English. How do I align things in the following tabular environment? It was nice to talk to you about this. Like It was good talking to you, using I enjoyed talking to you also helps in avoiding impressions of being overrated. Nice talking with you. So now we are sure that you will not get puzzled when hearing or reading that nice to meet you phrase since you have a lot of optional answers to choose from! responses. It It was nice to make your acquaintance, and I must say, Im incredibly excited to start working with you next week. (more informal, use with a good or frequent chat buddy only) It's been my pleasure, and I wish all of you well in the future." Heres The Difference. I sure hope hell be happy to meet up with me again in the future. It implies that its been an eye-opening experience, and you might have learned a lot. I understand what to expect from the situation now. I am delighted to make your acquaintance, and Im shocked that we havent had a chance to catch up before this. In touch is a phrase that means establish communication with someone, which is quite literally what youre doing when you email someone. With friends, It would be my pleasure to go to I wasnt sure if it would be worth the time, but you proved me wrong. For example: One person will say It is nice to meet you and the other will reply The pleasure is all mine., From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English (its) my pleasurespoken used when someone has thanked you for doing something and you want to say that you were glad to do it pleasureExamples from the Corpus(its) my pleasure Thanks for coming. My pleasure.. However, I don't know much about Indian English, so it may be perfectly acceptable there. B: Me too.) He has six years of experience in professional communication with clients, executives, and colleagues. We should have dinner or lunch sometime. Is there a proper earth ground point in this switch box? Lets meet again. Using a pleasure here is great in formal situations. If you had an eye-opening conversation with them, its worth using a phrase like this to show them that they are valued. Although I would say 'Same here. I feel like I always learn so, It was good to talk to you, Mr. Smith. And I use "It was a pleasure meeting you" or "It was a pleasure to meet you." The best answers are voted up and rise to the top, Not the answer you're looking for? Thank you for sharing some of these interesting facts with me. I will let you know if something comes up later in the week! While most of the expressions above can indeed be useful in both real life encounters and email correspondence, the following two expressions are mainly used in email writing and other written contexts. A special one for the ladies: To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. Briefly: If you are in a hurry: My response might depend on exactly who I am talking with, but I can think of the following which I would say at least some of the time. Does anyone know whether pleased to know you can be used instead of the nice to meet you greeting? Myself I would use your option c "Me too", or perhaps a combination of c and d: "You too". I hope all is well with you too, and I look forward to future engagements in the company. I feel like Ive cleared a lot of the problems that I was having because of you. The preferred synonyms are it was a pleasure talking to you, it was nice talking to you, and it was great meeting you. These work well in formal settings to show that you were happy to spend some time getting to know someone.if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[728,90],'grammarhow_com-box-3','ezslot_3',105,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-grammarhow_com-box-3-0'); It was a pleasure talking to you is a simple alternative that works well. Let me know when youre free again, so we can discuss matters further. Its been great to talk to you. -Me too. 2. But avoid the K reply, which can feel terse and rude. See you again soon! the other (day/night) "The other day" means "a few days ago". Using indicator constraint with two variables. Thank you so much! Do you want two examples, one for formal and one for casual? Itd be nice to catch up. How do you ensure that a red herring doesn't violate Chekhov's gun? Me: It was my pleasure! I appreciate you meeting me is a great one to use if you respect the person youre emailing. Im intrigued to learn more about you. All of these responses are excellent. I know youre busy, but I appreciate you meeting me. However, it often happens that a person gets stuck trying to find a proper answer even if he or she meets the most pleasant and loveliest person in the world! I had a great time with you. This reply actually works two ways. So, in our post today, we list down different ways of expressing the same intent as with It was a pleasure speaking with you.. * (pretty informal)*. I look forward to hearing from you again soon! I appreciated your time yesterday. A: When I receive a response from them, I will be sending it to you. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. pleasure for you and implies that youre looking forward to doing it again. Now, during the pandemic, this is especially relevant since quite many offices and firms work online, and if a new person joins the team, he or she will be introduced online as well! So, as you can see, there is a whole pack of answers that one can give when being told that someone was glad to meet him or her! I wish we could prolong the meeting a bit more. How to Respond to Nice to Meet You In Email? "name": "Is it correct to say “It was a pleasure speaking with you yesterday”? Well, first of all, you need to remember that the way we answer such questions does not only show how well-behaved and polite we are. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. I believe this is the start of a strong working relationship. Highly formalistic in tonality, It was an honor to speak with you is something we would use in special cases. Use it in formal conversation when someone thanks you for doing a favor, and you want to respond in a way that tells them that you were very happy to help and that you enjoyed it. If we want to convey more warmth to our message receiver, the expression It was lovely seeing you should do the job pretty well. Our goal is to create English lessons that are easy to understand for everyone. I hope there will be plenty of other opportunities for us to talk. Most of these expressions can be found in both written and spoken discourse. Especially if you have to meet new people often enough due to the specifics of your job. Typically, well want to say nice meeting you, too or thank you first, but then we can continue to say I hope all is well to let them know that we wish them all the best. This time, you can use nice as the adjective rather than saying a pleasure. It shows that youve had a good time getting to know someone or talking to them in a professional capacity. If your new contacts reputation precedes him or her (in a good way, of course), it never hurts to let the person know that you have already heard about them. As a texted response, it would be okay with a friend. Needless to say, today can be conveniently replaced by other time expressions like this morning, this afternoon, or this evening, depending on the conversational context. You might get me wrong but I have a question: do you guys know other ways to say nice to meet you? We should meet again sometime. -I feel the same. Its been great to talk to you again. I had a great time meeting you and getting to know the business today. Furthermore, he has teaching experience from Aarhus University. Lovely is a slightly more informal adjective in this case, so it works best when youve already set up a comfortable and familiar relationship with the recipient. If youve seen them multiple times, it might not be wise to say meeting you anymore. -Same here. WebIf it's the first time you meet/know someone, I think is more suitable, which means I'm glad to know (meet) you. Meanwhile, we may also use It was great seeing you if we do not want to specify the act of talking to or speaking with the other person. Which one is correct and natural? Welcome to Grammarhow!We are on a mission to help you become better at English. Hey fellow Linguaholics! It was nice to talk to you about this shows that you valued someones opinion and learned from them. Our goal is to create English lessons that are easy to understand for everyone. Thank you for meeting me. You might be a bit embarrassed and confused about how to respond to someone who said nice to meet you online, and this is why. This is a great email opener especially when we want to formally introduce ourselves to a business prospect or a possible employer." Its up to you to determine whether you want to use it formally or informally. However, this common phrase adds a dash of politeness to your message. Learn more about Stack Overflow the company, and our products. Let me know if theres anything else youd like to discuss. At school, asked by a teacher to share something with the class, It would be my pleasure to answer the question.. 7 What should I reply to the pleasure is mine ? WebOther ways to say nice to meet you in an email are, It has been a pleasure connecting, I look forward to hearing from you, fondly and blessed to connect.. With respect to Maulik V's answer above, I'd say that "Same here" is a bit too informal in US English and could sound dismissive or rude if the speaker is not careful. I hope you make some time for me again in the future, as I had a really fun time here. It shows gratitude with a simple thank you while also expressing that you learned something from meeting someone. If youve just finished speaking to someone in a formal setting, you might want to say something positive when saying goodbye. Lets meet again soon. Is it possible to create a concave light? It was nice to talk to you about this. establish strong and positive social bonds. While it works really well in most cases, some people might see it as lazy. The other person may generally respond with The honor is mine to show politeness and gratitude to the speaker. Same here. The expression It was a pleasure speaking with you generally has a formal connotation. Saying "very much" right after "Nice to meet you, too", Batch split images vertically in half, sequentially numbering the output files. Some acceptable responses to this statement would be The pleasure is mine, It was nice to meet you as well, Nice to meet you too, Likewise, or It was a pleasure to meet you as well Ensure this value has at least 60 characters and not more than 4500 characters. Thank you for your kind words, and its been a pleasure. (more informal, use with a good or frequent John: Have you met Sally Hill? We could do that, for sure. What is the answer to it was a pleasure meeting you. Is that okay with you? Hello. 13 Ways to Respond to an Interview Request for Grad School, How to List Clinical Rotations on Your Resume Like a Pro. It was a pleasure talking to you. Give me a call whenever you want to do this again. Thank you for having me. How to Respond to Nice to Meet You In Email? It was nice to catch up works well when you havent spoken to someone for a while. }, As a simple reply, you can use "The pleasure is mine". You might want to set up a second meeting as a reply, and we can do so like this: Martin holds a Masters degree in Finance and International Business. Thank you, and it was nice meeting you. What should I reply to a person telling me? -Hey, it was great to talk with you too! (shake hands) We must doing it again soon! They really helped me to figure things out. Im glad we could meet. Its me, Marcel. This phrase works best when youre meeting a powerful person (i.e. I had a great time with you works well in contexts where we want to thank multiple individuals for inviting us over to a small event or gathering. I think the reply should be something like this: Where "And" represents "it was nice talking". "acceptedAnswer": { Here they are with example dialogues for contextualization: If we want to show the person that we are excited to meet him or her, we would most likely use Looking forward to talking to you in speaking or writing. (but only if you mean it) It was great meeting you all. English Language & Usage Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for linguists, etymologists, and serious English language enthusiasts. How Do You Respond to Nice to Meet You? It might not be the best option for a formal alternative, but it still works well when youre showing that you had a good time. My pleasure is another way of saying youre welcome after being thanked, not another way of saying please. "acceptedAnswer": { Its a pleasure to meet you Pleasure to meet you too It was nice meeting you too The pleasure is mine Formal and Informal: Its very nice to meet you Nice to meet you too Lovely to meet you. It was lovely to meet you. Thank you. As a simple reply, you can use "The pleasure is mine". Jones: It was nice talking to you. It was nice to hear a different perspective for a change to get an idea about things. F. 'You too' or 'And you too' or 'And to you too' but you can see where this starts to lead - we would end up saying the same sentence back to them. At the end of a conversation, you might find that someone looks at their watch, and says to you well, its been a pleasure talking to you. B Is this correct and natural? How to Include a Fraternity in a Resume The 3 Best Ways! Is it appropriate to use "reunion" for meeting only one person after a long time? "@type": "Answer", I had a great time with you is a simple phrase you can use to show that youve enjoyed someones company. I am pleased to meet you too. B: Pleasure having you in town again, Mrs. Murphy. It was nice meeting you, too. How to notate a grace note at the start of a bar with lilypond? Can I tell police to wait and call a lawyer when served with a search warrant? What can I say instead of it was a pleasure? Something like it was a pleasure speaking with you works well. This would be a more correct order. Its quite versatile, so it can work well in either context. Take care! Let me know when youre in town next, and we can arrange a meeting with everyone. Its been great to talk to you is a great alternative you can If the message is strictly business, for example, then bypassing the nice to meet you part could make your email sound a bit too abrupt. It is grammatically correct to say It was a pleasure speaking with you yesterday because the time expression yesterday precisely coincides with the verb tense in this sentence. Frequently Asked Questions. Eng is full of these 'is it polite to chop it down too far?' It only works when meeting someone for the first time, though. Well, of course, there are alternative greeting phrases. }. I eagerly look forward to our next meeting! When the situation is even more casual, it also follows that we would want to wrap the conversation out in an informal manner too. B: Thank you for coming tonight, Jane. Them: It was a pleasure to meet you! Ill be happy to help where I can. Im glad we could meet.

Laptop Charger Leaking Fluid, Show Partitions Hive In Descending Order, Letter From Circuit Court Of The State Of Oregon, When Will Ports O' Call Reopen, Due Date July 7, 2021 When Did I Conceive, Articles H

how to respond to it was a pleasure meeting you0 comments

how to respond to it was a pleasure meeting you