lyman reloading data 45 coltoriki ige in yoruba

You find load data for cartridges in caliber .45 Colt with all common powders and bullets by clicking the "Loads in this caliber" button above. The minimum load for a 200 gr cast SWC in 45 Colt is listed as 8.6 gr Unique for 918 fps. Heavy loads that are safe for use in the Ruger Redhawk would destroy a fine Colt SAA. S.A.A.M.I. Pennsylvania Game Commission, State Agency: All of the Keith-style bullets mentioned feed and chamber even though they have shoulders in front of the case. In addition to outstanding terminal performance and accuracy in guns with correct internal dimensions, it offers low pressures, mild muzzle report and controllable recoil, all of which make it especially practical for an outdoorsman who uses a sixgun daily. With my alloys this bullet runs around 280 to 285 grains while at the same time having a slightly shorter nose than the original Keith design so it fits in all Colt cylinders. from virtually all manufacturers including Colt, Smith & Wesson, Ruger, Great Western, USFA and Uberti. References: Accurate Arms Co. 1996 Reloading booklet Alliant Powder Co. Reloaders Guide (1995) Hodgdons Basic Reloaders Manual (1996) Speer Reloading Manual, #12 Winchester Reloading Components Manual, 14th edition Lyman Piston & Revolver Reloading Handbook, 2nd edition. No purchase necessary. The weight would more properly be closer to 32 grains. Due to their reduced velocity combined with greater resistance in the bore, I dont recommend loads that produce less than 750 fps because there is a significant chance of sticking a bullet in the bore. The Colt Single Action Army, Colt New Frontier, Ruger New Model Flat-Top, Ruger New Vaquero, and Smith & Wesson Model 25/625 are all very close strength-wise. Contest open to U.S. residents only. Instead of being overly large, Rugers have been way too tight, with some measuring around 0.449 inch, but now Ruger is cutting all cylinder throats at 0.451 to 0.452 inch. The 45 Colt also predates the 38 Special, the 44 Special, and the 45 ACP, and not only is it more than 80 years older than the 44 Magnum, but it also has more case capacity and in the proper sixguns can outrank the 44 Magnum. Cartridge Type: Pistol/Revolver. Share to Twitter. So both the up and down positions were closer in speeds and the spreads were noticeably closer. I normally stay under 900 fps with a 250-grain bullet in Colt Single Action Army revolvers and its replicas. One problem inherent with the original #454424 was the fact that when sized to 0.451 to 0.452 inch, the crimping groove almost disappears. In guns with .452-inch throats, the Magma designed 250-grain RNFP offered by most commercial cast bullet companies (Oregon Trail used here) can be surprisingly accurate. Reddings excellent Dual Ring Carbide sizing die was used to prep cases as it works the case less, results in longer case life, seems to improve accuracy and eliminates the Coke bottle shape forward of the head. Cast RCBS 45-270-SAA bullets are generally loaded to an overall length of 1.650 inches to not over 1.655 inches, utilizing the full length of the Colt cylinder. Facing off in a handgun challenge featuring the smallest professional-grade enclosed red dot sight on the market, Eric and Tom put the Acro P-2 to the distance test by doing a walk-back challenge. Winners will be notified by certified mail on official letterhead. The new big bore pistols feature industry-first capacity, with a standard 15-round capacity and 22+1 rounds of 10mm or 18+1 rounds of .45 ACP from the extended magazines. Winners must respond within 30 days of receiving notification or an alternate winner will be selected. take the .45 Colt as my game and defense cartridge. It is noteworthy that this statement was made 20 years after the development of the .357 Magnum, a cartridge Keith also tested and used in the field. (IV) Winners must undergo a background check (when required) and comply with all other federal, state and local laws. This load will certainly handle deer-sized game. Not interchangeable. selected. Here you will find load data for some of the most recent cartridges on the market, with more being added each week. It served me well while riding the ranch on horseback, running a trap-line, hunting big game, varmints and pests, etc., and it even saved my skin a time or two. For example, Lyman mould No. like original Colts. All Rights Reserved. Also slugged were guns 121xxx (1887) and number 134xxx (1890) that measured .4515 inch and .451 inch, respectively. SWC - 9.0 grains Unique Lyman # 452664 , 250 gr. In actual weight, Pyrodex is lighter than black powder, being about 80 percent of the weight of black powder. The vast majority of my 45 Colt handloads over the last 60 years, however, has been put together with cast bullets. No substitutions or transfers to third parties allowed. It is loaded not by weight, but by volume. They are my choice for the heaviest loads especially with cast bullets weighing 300 grains and heavier. I have found two things necessary gas checks and hard alloys, also in most cases muzzle velocities over 1,200-1,300 fps. Note: Powder Mfgs. It was submitted to the U.S. Army in 1872 and would become known as the Colt Single Action Army, Model of 1873, Peacemaker, Model P, Thumb Buster and a host of other affectionate names. When the new 454 Magnum revolvers (as they were first called) arrived, however, the brass was lengthened so it could not be used in standard 45 Colt sixguns. Powders include Pyrodex is cleaner burning than black powder and results in less fouling of the barrel. Cast bullet loads in the Marlin .45 Colt all the power and accuracy The .44 Magnum is a great cartridge that offers a flatter trajectory and helps to make hits easier at longer distances; however, this added performance comes at the cost of greater pressures, heavier guns, increased recoil and muzzle report. | The availability of all of these bullets is dependent on how much time I have to cast my own. Incidentally, the U.S Cartridge Company first listed a 255-grain bullet with 35 grains of black in 1882, but. These will still work in the vast majority of sixguns with the exception of the old short cylinder Smith & Wesson N-frames produced prior to 1978 and a couple of others not commonly encountered. Additional evidence can be found in Colt-published specifications dated June 1924 that list the .45 Colt with a groove diameter of .451 inch minimum and .452 inch maximum (with bore diameter being .444 inch minimum and .445 maximum). Incidentally, many jacketed bullet loads will produce higher velocities in revolvers with shorter barrels. When using bullets designed for the .45 ACP that dont have a crimp cannelure, a taper crimp applied after bullets are seated to the correct overall length is the best option. Minnesota Deptartment of Natural Resources, State Agency: For clarification, the above three, revolvers are completely original with barrels featuring the small rounded bead-type. The more powerful loads are only suitable for strong handguns like the Ruger Blackhawk and the Thompson Center Contender. These two examples were produced in 1875 (left) and 1887 (below). Some people have tried to load the .45 Colt to levels of the .44 Magnum. about 175 fps and from 7 1/2 by 50 fps. Purchase A PDF Download Of The GUNS Magazine February 2021 Issue Now! More than 45 years of shooting and slugging the barrels of hundreds of Colt SAAs suggests differently. Bullseye, Unique and 2400 are products of Alliant (formerly Hercules) Powders. Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks & Tourism, State Agency: This revolver is fitted with a new line-bored cylinder that is tightly chambered with .452-inch throats, a .003-inch barrel/cylinder gap and the forcing cone cut to 11 degrees. Not only do the Hodgdon folks offer excellent powders, but also they are simply some of the nicest folks in the industry. Texas Parks & Wildlife Department, State Agency: (II) Limit one (1) entry per household; multiple entries will disqualify entrants. (In fairness, many historians maintain that original loads contained 40 grains of black powder with 255-grain bullets, including noted Colt authority John Kopec.) All entries must be received by giveaway end date. .45 Colt Handgun Data (Lyman Reloading Handbook 49th Edition) Warning! These Smith & Wesson .45 Colts include a (1) Model 25-5 with 838-inch barrel, (2) Model 25-5 with 6-inch barrel, (3) Model 25-5 with 4-inch barrel and a (4) Model 625-6 Mountain Gun with a tapered 4-inch barrel. Lyman now offers it as #452424, and it is a 255-grain bulletor thereabouts, depending upon the alloy used. 2021. I use my Winchester and Marlin Trappers for relatively close-range shooting. Both of these are plainbased Keith-style bullets, and their numbers are #310.451 and #325.454, with the first three digits giving the approximate bullet weight. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. These Lyman loads are conservative made for older guns. However, when using soft swaged-lead bullets, an expander ball around .002 inch smaller than bullet diameter is preferred. These figures correspond with the many other pre-World War II guns that I have slugged. The key for best shooting is to size cast bullets accordingly and open the throats if necessary. If cast soft enough they can also slug up to create a gas seal, which helps reduce fusion and barrel leading. Share to Reddit. I have found 5.0 grains of Clays under a 250-grain bullet delivers a very pleasant-shooting load at 725 fps and will group all its shots in 0.63 inch at 20 yards. Bad Idea! With their 16 barrels the Winchesters weigh right at 6 lbs. The Complete Reloading Manual For The 45 Colt Item Preview remove-circle Share or Embed This Item. They are my choice for the heaviest loads especially with cast bullets weighing 300 grains and heavier. Note that the Ruger New Vaquero uses a smaller frame and cylinder For something with more thump, it would be wise to find some published load data and buy some bullets that match that data. Their max load is 6.2 grains for an approx 881 feet per second and a pressure of 13K cup. (I) Giveaway ends April 30, 2023. Space constraints keep me from looking at all of these powders in depth, but I can cover a few. Pyrodex P is the equivalent of Triple-F or FFFg black powder. (I) Giveaway ends February 28, 2023. When loaded in the Colt Single Action Army at around 850 fps, it is a most powerful everyday working load. Contest open to U.S. residents only. The same load in a Jim Stroh custom 5-1/2 Bisley has the same accuracy with more . Employees and agents of Publishers Development Corp. are not eligible. 5, No.7, No. In 1935 we entered the Magnum Sixgun Era with the arrival of the 357 Magnum; however, long before that we had the 45 Colt. Cast bullets in both plain-based and gas check versions are available from 260 grains to 325 grains. Make sure your gun can handle it before you use any of these loads listed below with STARS (*). This same bullet can be loaded to much higher velocity in Rugers large-frame single- and double-action sixguns. I advise staying away from loads intended for custom sixguns with five-shot cylinders and it has also been proven the lever-action is not strong enough for .454 loads. of blackpowder, the .44-40 . The Colt SAA .45 Colt with a 4.75-inch barrel ranks as one of Brians favorite handgun configurations. Nitro 100, No.2, No. The .45 Colts origins started in 1871 when Colt began designing a new sixgun specifically to house metallic cartridges. * which is just a little over maximum Colt loads (but mild for Ruger) shot an average of 880.2 fps pointing up and 708.0 fps pointing down, but the spread between shots was 146 fps and 235 fps respectively. No substitutions or transfers to third parties allowed. The smaller case-capacity means better performance with light loads, which is why I am interested in it. sure they will feed and chamber through levergun actions. Although far from perfect, the old Taylor Knock Out (TKO) formula, which is caliber x bullet weight x velocity 7,000, is far more accurate. Contrary to popular belief, the Mason patented spring-loaded, cylinder-pin release catch first appeared in 1896 around serial number 164,000, which were still black powder guns. Lyman now offers it as #452424, and it is a 255-grain bulletor thereabouts, depending upon the alloy used. Prizes will not be awarded if illegal in jurisdiction of winners. I'll be a nice to you as you'll let me be, or as mean as you make me be. Velocities in a test But the 45 Colt is a survivor. None of these loads will work through the action of my Rossi .45 Colt Model 92. However, a tight-chambered 45 Colt cylinder may require tolerances offered by a 454 Casull full-length sizing die. (III) Giveaway winner(s) chosen by random drawing. In the large .45 case, a large difference has been noted in speeds. All entries must be received by giveaway end date. For several years Smith & Wesson cut throats at 0.455 inch or even larger, but now they seem to be running at a more proper 0.451 to 0.452 inch. Unique and Universal still dont fill the case up as much as a yet slower powder (like No.9, AA5724, H-110/W296, AA5744, and Alliant 2400). Technical Specifications (based on the respective safety standard - see more details in tab "Datasheet" if available) Caliber: .45 Colt. I especially like the 260-grain Keith gas-check bullet which shoots exceptionally well using #4227, 20.0 grains is 1,115 fps for 5/8 and then it gets even better! Winners will be notified by certified mail on official letterhead. Quality 300-grain jacketed bullets are also offered by all three of these manufacturers. This significantly improved its accuracy when compared to the original cylinder with its typical oversized throats, and resulted in increased velocity. West Virginia Division of Natural Resources, State Agency: Associated taxes and fees are the responsibility of winners. Low Recoil Loads | Hodgdon Reloading Handloading allows the flexibility to adjust load ballistics for a particular purpose. The company also distributes IMR and Winchester powders as well as Goex black powder. Basic Load Data Hornady Manufacturing Company develops and publishes reloading data for the Handbook of Cartridge Reloading. That is black powder loads or Black powder level only. With these bullets sized .452" and cast of 16 parts lead to 1 part tin, try this loading with 19.0 grains of WW-296 or 19.5 grains of H-110 in Star-line cases with Fed 155 primers and Bubba lube, or Javelina or NEI pistol lube. Pyrodex is cleaner burning than black powder and results in less fouling of the barrel. I certainly dont know of anything in the lower 48 that cannot be handled with this load. They include a (1) restored 1900 revolver with carved grips, (2) 1903 custom engraved, (3) 1901 with carved pearl grips, (4) 1899 with carved grips, (5) 1957-era custom, (6) custom 1901 with stag grips, (7) 1903 with custom carved grips and a (8) Colt New Frontier SAA with custom carved grips. Contest void where prohibited by law. Addeddate 2019-02-27 13:08:05 Identifier LymanReloadingHandbook48thEdition2002Ocr_201902 Identifier-ark ark:/13960/t9093sd5t Ocr ABBYY FineReader 11.0 (Extended OCR) This prevents bullets from being sized down when seated into an overly tight case. Keiths #454424 was an excellent bullet, but it has been improved by Dave Scovill and is offered by RCBS as #45-270SAA. The .45 Colt is rapidly approaching 150 years in existence, and it remains one of our finest, most useful, versatile and handloaded sixgun cartridges. Two other powders for standard loads include W231 and HP-38. Generally, when revolvers with such grossly oversized throats are fired with modern cast and jacketed bullets accuracy is poor. (II) Limit one (1) entry per household; multiple entries will disqualify entrants. We were soon shooting 300-grain bullets at 1,200 fps from a 7.5-inch-barreled Ruger revolver. I use WLP primers. That is, until I tried IMR 4227 with Lymans #452424 and a 20.0-grain load, and that combination produced one-hole groups. Reloading data is available as low as 99 per cartridge or as a subscription for $19.99. I cast the Lyman 452-424 250gr. Load data for caliber ".45 Colt". It has never failed me. To protect the privacy and security of winners, names will not be made public. Winners will be notified by certified mail on official letterhead. Contest void where prohibited by law. For loading black powder 45 Colt loads, I use Goex as well as Pyrodex and Triple Seven. Originally loaded with 40 grs. Winners must respond within 30 days of receiving notification or an alternate winner will be selected. They do provide identical results of muzzle velocities and pressures using the same charge weights, and I use them interchangeably. Arizona Game & Fish Department, State Agency: Handgun Data. In fact, an axiom with me is, When all else fails, try IMR 4227 before giving up. Years ago, after tiring of oversized 45 Colt chambers in Colt Single Action Army revolvers and New Frontiers, I started with a 357 Magnum New Frontier, had the cylinder rechambered properly and tightly to 45 Colt, and then had a new 4.75-inch Colt New Frontier barrel fitted. The other problem, that of cylinder throat diameters, centers around the fact that they vary considerably. Its also a good choice for hunting. A Redding Dual Ring Carbide sizing die was used to develop handload data. Joe Kurtenbach, Executive Editor of Gun & Ammo, and John Myles from Smith & Wesson discuss features of the Equalizer 9mm micro-compact pistol and new-for-2023 M&P 5.7. (IV) Winners must undergo a background check (if required) and comply with all other federal, state and local laws. * Associated taxes and fees are the responsibility of winners. 2020, Lyman Products Corporation, printed in U.S.A. All other trademarks in this catalog are the property of their respective owners. Sep 8, 2016 (Edited) Greetings, recently I received a quantity of .45 185 gr LSWC's. S.A.A.M.I. Survival, Banned, Training, Load, reloading, powder Collection folkscanomy_defense; folkscanomy; additional_collections Language English. Rifle Data Here you will find load data for some of the most recent cartridges on the market, with more being added each week. My powders of choice are Clays, HP-38, HS-6, Universal, Trail Boss, H110, IMR 4227, W296, and W231. SCCY DVG-1 Sub-Compact Striker-Fired Pistol: Full Review, Buyer Beware: Buying 'Bargain' Guns Can Be Risky. Moving up to 22.0 grains increases the muzzle velocity to 1,300 fps and then 24.0 grains is right at 1,400 fps with both putting three shots in at 45 yards. I shoot the .44 and .45 in rifles and pistolas, but I have only a rifle in .38-40. Keith bullet, the Lee 452-255-rf 250gr bullet and the RCBS 45-270-SAA for .45 Colt. Oregon Department of Fish & Wildlife, State Agency: Mail-in entries accepted; send postcards (no envelopes) to: GUNS Magazine, GOM February 2023, P.O. About 1200+ fps in the 7.5 SBH, 1150fps out of the 4" Redhawk. To protect the privacy and security of winners, names will not be made public. Giveaway prizes may have evidence of being test fired or exhibit minor handling marks. .45 Colt - Published Manufacturer Loading Data Shellholders: Lee #11 Lee #14 Lyman #11 RCBS #20 Recipe Type: Pistol Ruger, Freedom Arms & Thompson / Center only 30,000 PSI-HIGH PRESSURE LOADS 14000 PSI-STANDARD LOADS Ruger and Contender Only Cowboy Bullet Weight: ALL 135 gr 160 gr 180 gr 185 gr 200 gr 210 gr 215 gr 225 gr 230 gr 240 gr 250 gr

Cowherd And Parrott Funeral Home Obituaries, Articles L

lyman reloading data 45 colt0 comments

lyman reloading data 45 colt